My topic is baking, of course! Here is what I propose to do to engage my audience and grow my community on this blog:
1. Consistently post good, quality recipes, as well as tips on methods, tools, etc., including pictures.
2. Ask my fans what kinds of recipes they’d like to see, either via a survey or asking them to comment, and then deliver those types of recipes! I’d like to have them feel involved and considered.
3. Reader Recipe Day! Every week, I’ll ask my fans to submit recipes of their own and then I’ll randomly choose one to try and post about it on the blog.
4. Share recipes, articles, etc. on social networking sites. Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, Tumblr. I’ll use them all!
5. Utilize categories linked for different types of dessert recipes (cookies, cakes, etc.) so that readers can more easily find what they’re looking for.